Thursday, September 17, 2009

American Icons Final Product

Will Smith (Fresh Prince)

I remember watching a fresh prince episode where Will kept getting in trouble. As I was watching that episode I kept putting myself in his position and it fitted my real life situations a little too well. That’s how I see Will Smith (Fresh Prince). Everyone just doesn’t understand us. As I was dazed into the show, I actually feel like I’m Fresh Prince.

I call the house and they don’t know that I’m driving in the company Porsche that Uncle Phil’s friend gave to me when he gave me the job. Carlton answers the phone and he and everyone else thought that I wouldn’t be able to get the high executive job on the top floor with my own office. Well as I still feel like I’m Fresh Prince, I parked in the drive way and Carlton crumples paper up in the phone to make as if it was my new cellular phone (also compliments from the company). I walk in and he doesn’t believe that I was successful, so he walks outside turns the corner and sees… the company Porsche!

Everyone is impressed with me now that I got the job. I felt really proud of myself, then I come back to reality; realized that it wasn’t real and I smiled because I knew what I had to do to make my family proud of me and Will Smith is the perfect icon because I proved that he was capable of what he did even when the odds were against him.

So what comes next for me? Will I be able to attain my goals? Will I be able to achieve the future I want when people say it’s not possible? Well all I know is, is with the help of some relatives and friends and teachers; I will use the talents I have and ones that they help me achieve, I will hopefully be the next Will Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment